What kind of functions does a Partnership undertake?
Every destination is different, but the fundamental functions typically include:
- Destination Marketing – targeted, aligned public and private marketing campaigns to secure the best visitors, overcome seasonality etc.
- Access facilitation – supporting partners engaged in air transport development, immigration, communication information
- Data and Research – provides market intelligence and insights to guide destination-level decisions, investments and priorities (for example, consumer or business surveys)
- Events – supports and often runs own events to drive visitation and raise revenues
- Asset management – ensures destination attractions, infrastructure and intangible assets (health, security etc) are maintained
- Training – upskilling workers in relevant areas
All of this follows a Destination Management Plan, which sets out the goals and activities agreed to by all of the partners. To do this, the Partnership usually needs to fundraise, monitor and report on its activity.