The Zimbabwe Annual Responsible Business Summit is due to take place in Victoria Falls later this month between 29th September and 1st October. The objectives of the summit are to gather delegates from industry, government and academia amongst others to discuss issues pertaining to Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainability and Responsible Investment in Zimbabwe, and to share strategies and solutions that tackle sustainability issues and encourage business leaders to adopt changes to ensure a sustainable and resilient future.
While profit generation remains the primary function of a business, the impact of business on culture, society and the environment has been the subject of intense scrutiny in contemporary business policy and practice, and it is more important than ever that businesses place emphasis on the responsibility of their actions and encourage positive impact on the communities and environment in which they operate.
The summit will address a number of key issues and topics including but not limited to:
- A Responsible Corporate in times of adversity & economic transformation
- CSR friendly tax policies-Unlocking value and aligning interest
- Redefining responsible business under the new normal
- The power of SDGs partnerships in fighting COVID 19 pandemic
Those attending can expect to gain insight into the following:-
- Gain insight into the private sector shift from crisis management to building longterm, sustainable growth and resilience.
- Explore “profit-with-purpose” approaches and actions needed to accelerate a global green recovery.
- Understand how the mainstreaming of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues is influencing business decision-making.
- Stay up-to-date with the key trends and regulatory drivers that will redefine ‘business as usual’ in 2021.
In addition to holding the annual Summit, the CSR Network of Zimbabwe will be hosting the Matabeleland North Province Responsible Business & CSR Awards 2021 on the 1st October at The Kingdom Hotel to celebrate and appreciate those who have been exemplary in best practice of sustainability and corporate social responsibility. Winners are mobilised from the diverse sectors and industries which have created positive impact towards Zimbabwe’s sustainable development and the promotion of the Government’s vision and the UNDP Sustainable Development Goals of 2030.
To participate kindly email CSR Network Zimbabwe on firstname.lastname@example.org