Wild Horizons this last week received the Conservation & Community Empowerment Award from the Environmental Management Agency.
Behind every Wild Horizons venture is a purpose aimed at creating an enriching travel experience for guests whilst conserving Africa’s wilderness and wildlife for the local communities and future generations. The diverse range of corporate social responsibility programmes which Wild Horizons have historically been involved in, have continued despite the downturn in tourism as a result of the covid-19 pandemic.
Their corporate social responsibility includes but is not limited to the following:-
- Support for Zimbabwe National Parks and Wildlife Management Authority scouts
- The Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust
- Community Outreach and wildlife education initiatives
- Clean-up Team which assists with the monthly town clean-ups
- Support for Victoria Falls Anti-Poaching Unit
- School Fee Payments
- Support for the Old Age Home
- Community Vegetable Gardens
- Bio plants and the use of solar energy systems in their camps
- Biological monitoring
- Indigenous tree planting
A document outlining each of these programmes can be found here.